Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Summmerrr!

This summer has been great so far! Logan was in summer school for May and June taking Physics courses, but now that he has finished that I feel like summer really has began. We have been here in Saskatoon for most of the summer, but we did go back to southern Alberta for a week in July. We were able to go back for Grandma Orr's 80th Birthday Bash, as well I went to Sophie Lake with all the girls in my family and we met my cousin Chelsey and her kids there at her parents cabin. It was such a fun few days! Then we headed straight from the cabin to the Baldry Family Reunion in Glenwood. It was soo fun to be able to see family that I hadn't seen for a long time and Logan was able to meet a lot of them for the first time! It was a great break. Since then we have just been back here in Saskatoon. I have been trying to work as much as my body will let me (the 12 hour shifts are getting a bit more tough), and Logan is studying for the DAT in the mornings and then washing windows in the afternoon and early evenings. He has been working so hard! We still have been trying to plan lots of fun things in the evenings and get out of the house as much as we can. Luckily, there has still been quite a few of our friends here for July so it has been fun to hang out lots and enjoy being together! We sure do have great friends out here in the 'Toon!

I am now 27 weeks! Wahhooo! These past few weeks have gone by sooo much faster! Everything has been going well. Today I went and did my Blood Glucose testing, which wasn't so bad. I was kind of thirsty actually, so I downed the drink pretty fast! haha. Preganacy has been going well. I really can't complain! I have had lower back pain throughout it all, which I had before I was pregnant so I wasn't too surprised when it got worse. I tore a disc in my lower back in high school, so unfortunately it is something that will effect me for a long time. My ribs and tailbone have been the lastest aches, but it is pretty crazy to think what my body is preparing for.... so I'm good with it and feel like it is all to be expected! I feel like we are having a boy.... but maybe I think that just because everyone else seems like they are having or had girls (minus little Hen), so I figure it's bound to happen! I have been buying more boy stuff... so I hope so! :) We are sooo excited for this little person to come and know that we will just continue to learn and grow in so many ways as we expand our little family! Here are some pictures since the last post... they are a little mixed up. (Thanks to my wonderful sisters/sister-in-laws for taking pictures so I can have some!)

20 weeks

We had a farewell party for Matt & Jasmine. We sure will miss them, but are so grateful we had them here this past year!

23 weeks


We went golfing at the good old Fort Mac golf course! It was tons of fun! 

25 weeks

On a walk, looking onto the river. 



26 1/2 weeks! 


Grandma Orr blowing out her candles... doesn't she look great for 80?! 

Enjoying some cake! I'm not sure what I was doing here.. but everyone else looks great!

Grandma's birthday wish was to fix up the Orton Cemetery, where Grandpa Orr is buried. Everyone did an amazing job! 

I wasn't allowed to paint... so I watched the kids! 


My whole family with Grandma B! (missing Preston.. I think he was napping)

The big Baldry clan! We missed those who couldn't make it!

Me and Em playing in the pool! She is crazzzy, but so fun! 

I love this picture. Just having a serious convo in the hot tub... with some water wings on! 

Log went fishing this morning with Al... he got this little guy! 

We are heading back to Alberta next week to do some camping and back to Sophie Lake... so stay tuned for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment